Saturday, 3 October 2015

The proof that being over ambitious does not always pay off...

Back in February I decided for some reason that it would be a good idea to join the Historical Sew Monthly. I knew then that in the middle of studying for a Masters Degree in Dress and Textile Histories that I was unlikely to have a lot of time for sewing. However, as it turns out, I seriously underestimated just how little time I would have for anything else once I started researching and writing my dissertation!

After spending March and April on a museum work placement, I then launched into my research into Victorian bonnet ribbons and from April until August I hunted down, photographed, analysed, read and wrote about ribbons from dawn to dusk, seven days a week without fail! But not once in all those months did I even get close to so much as sewing a ribbon onto anything!

Now though, with my masters complete and the dissertation submitted I am eager to get back to my sewing. Sadly, however, I have to report that the progress on my first HSM project currently amounts to one lonely garter!

And here it is...


See my next post for the full details...

No comments:

Post a comment